Thursday, February 10, 2011

Airtel 3g Review

3g Crazy
Finally for all those guys out there, who were desperately waiting (just like me) for the launch of Bharati Airtel's 3g network, it was finally launched in January 2011 in Chennai and Bangalore. The Airtel's 3g network started to show up in my 3g Sony Ericsson phone from last November itself ! I was so crazy about 3g that everyday I tried selecting the 3g network using manual network selection mode of my phone ;) (Was anyone else there like me uh?) But it never allowed me to use the 3g and it used to kick me out and send me back to 2g network. And finally my wait was over and I am on the 3g network right now. yes... :) :)


Is it really worth the hype???
You can take a look at their 3g tariff plans here. Well their plans are not so interesting as of now. I felt disappointed looking at their tariff plans. Comparing to the 2GB for Rs.98/- in their 2G network, all of their 3g plans look terribly disappointing!!


What about 3g speeds of upto 21 Mbps?
uh? That speed of 21mbps is just on paper. Please don't expect that! But certainly its much better than that of the 2g network speed.


So what to do??
As of now only BSNL 3g tariff looks like a better option. But who wants to switch over to BSNL?? So the keyword is "wait and watch". Let the tariffs come down!!

No comments: